Monday, July 25, 2011

WISCONSIN!


After a few fantastic days in Illinois, we made our way up to Wisconsin, which came with its own set of weather and injury related challenges.

Wisconsin started out strong, with a nice ride into Milwaukee (below), which seemed like a pretty cool city. Like many of our previous cities, it was beautifully located right along the great lakes. The best part for me was the dinner that night. A food shack donated some amazing veggie burgers and I splurged on cheese curds, in honor of our new state. Cheese curds have to be the least healthy food known to man but they are delicious nonetheless.
The next few days were dominated by cold, wet rain.

The next event of note occurred on the ride to La Crosse. The first four miles of the day were easy, pleasant, and on a trail. Unfortunately, my ride that day ended after only four miles. The girl leading our group got a butterfly in her helmet and fell over trying to get it out. The person behind her fell and when I tried to stop I skidded out in some mud on the trail. I knew when I hit the group that it was a nasty fall. I laid there for a few minutes before sitting up and when I finally did, my vision was super blurry. Anyway, the EMTs came for the first girl that fell and told me that I had a concussion. I spent the rest of the day off the bike, but was luckily able to bike the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment