Thursday, July 14, 2011

OHIO

So I've been failing at blogging. There is so little time and internet access. But I am currently in Montana. I am alive and well and having a fantastic time. Fortunately I keep notes from which I can blog later. So here is Ohio!

We started out Ohio by biking into Cleveland, where we had dinner at a rider's house, which had a pool and was awesome. We stayed at a frat house at Case Western which was cool because we got our own rooms, but also felt kind of dirty because it was a frat house.

The next day we biked to Sandusky. This was our first real bike ride in the rain this trip. It was completely torrential but we got through. Another highlight of Sandusky was the wig that our team obtained. Some of our team members volunteered with a local cancer center, organizing wigs for cancer patients. One of the wigs was not in usable condition so naturally our team members decided to take it out of the garbage. We all had some fun trying on the hideous wig.
Also for anyone driving/biking from Cleveland to Sandusky, I would like to give a shout out to the Blackbird Baking Company, that donated pastries of our choice to my riding group that day.

On our day off in Sandusky, we went to Cedar Point, one of the best amusement parks in the world. It has the highest, fastest, and best roller coasters anywhere. Unfortunately, my group got stuck on one of the roller coasters for a little while, but the rest of the park was filled with thrills and other awesomeness.

That's all I've got for Ohio. I'll work on the backlog in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned for Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment